Serena Release Manager
Automate Your Release Process for Speed and Control
Communication and Collaboration
Connect and integrate Dev and Ops teams into the release lifecycle
- Serena Release Manager social views enable Dev and Ops teams to effectively and efficiently communicate and collaborate across the entire release lifecycle.
- Social views enable collaboration with other users on release trains, application releases or any other item or task.
- Status entries, notes and attachments are easily posted and added.
- Instantaneous access to the people on the release or development teams as well as those who are likely to have the expertise to help resolve any issue.
- Avatars or icons that represent these users are visible on every screen that the you interact with, enabling real-time collaboration and sharing of expertise.
- Conversation threads are grouped by the various stages in the release management process. You can choose to "follow" an item, person, or issue and get status updates via Twitter, Yammer, email, or SMS.
Leverage Social IT capabilities to speed issue resolution
Enterprise-wide release management involves many teams from many different organizations and quite frequently across multiple locations and even cultures. This environment tends to create barriers and silos that breed uncertainty and even distrust. Frequent communication breakdowns can result in failed release deployments. While "the DevOps movement" stresses communication, collaboration and integration between teams, the movement alone will not deliver what is demanded. Technology and process must connect these teams to ensure that development knowledge is embedded in operations and operational knowledge is embedded in development.